Spring 09 Predictions.

[Back from my Haircut]

PREDICTIONS

In my last, last post I wrote about some of my Spring '09 fashion predictions. I was searching over google, and found some other girls' predictions, that I wanted to share with yall. :)

---http://iwantigot.geekigirl.com/2008/09/12/two-springsummer-2009-trend-predictions/

The middrift. Not something I want to see comeback but I’m seeing it in shows:
2.Baggy pants in all shapes and cuts

---http://www.collegefashion.net/trends/trend-predictions-for-2009/

One-shoulder tops & dresses
Break out your strapless bra, because one-shoulder is going to be hot this year! Asymetrical dresses were all over the Spring 2009 runways, and it’s already a trend that’s being picked up by mainstream stores. Expect to wear this look a lot in ‘09

Metallics
Shiny shades of gold, silver, bronze, and platinum aren’t going anywhere soon! Metallics are always hot and I don’t see that changing much this year. I know I’ll continue to rock my favorite silver metallic bag. What about you?

Bold colors
Bright shades are always hot for spring, but even more so this year! The most popular colors will be hot pink, purple, orange, electric blue, and yellow.

Sheer
Sheer clothing is usually in style for spring, and I’m sure this will continue. We saw lots of sheer, layered dresses on the runways for Spring 2009 back in fall, and although they take a bit of planning to pull off, I think sheer clothes will catch on in the mainstream.

More body-conscious clothing
Loose is not going to be in for 2009, so learn to love tighter clothing that cinches you in at the waist. This is a definite trend for the year. Here’s an article I wrote about the cinched waist trend from last year - it’s still required reading for 2009.

More focus on individual style
I’ve talked about this before, but I think the focus in 2009 is going to shift a little from trend-centered dressing to dressing based on your individual style. You aren’t going to want to follow all the trends in 2009, instead you’ll probably pick and choose from the ones that flatter you and ditch the ones that don’t. And this is the right way to do it! Nothing looks great on everyone, and nothing fits everyone’s style. Wear the pieces that work for you, and skip everything that doesn’t.

xx. Katy

Happy Saint Patty's Day!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for coming! be sure to leave comments!